Lymphatic System Toxin Removal
Over time our bodies build up toxins from many sources. Our air, our water, and our food are all contaminated to some degree. Our bodies have an amazing immune system however this system gets overtaxed. We therefore need to assist our bodies by doing cleanses at least twice per year. These, combined with many other factors like a great diet, colon cleansing, green juicing, rebounding, and infrared sauna can help our bodies. We can function better with more energy, clearer thinking, better sleep, improved skin just to name a few.
What are you waiting for? Great health is just a step away!
What is the Lymphatic System?
The lymphatic system is part of the immune system. And as such is important for immunity.
Lymph begins as plasma (liquid portion of the blood, red part is red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets.) Some of this plasma gets into the tissues where it delivers oxygen, nutrients, and hormones to the cells. As this fluid leaves the cells it takes waste and protein cells with it. About 90% get back into the circulatory system and the remaining 10% left behind is now called lymph. Lymph now enters the lymphatic system through a system of capillaries. The lymphatic vessels have one-way valves to prevent back flow, however, unlike the venous system which has a pump, the lymphatic system has no pump. So we have to help the lymph fluid to move up towards the heart.
How do we do this? Through breathing. On inhalation lymph moves from the abdominal region where the pressure is higher to the thoracic region where the pressure is lower. On exhalation, even though the pressures are reversed the valves prevent backflow. Also, lymph moves through the system by contraction of your muscles – exercise.
As the lymph moves upward toward the heart it passes through lymph nodes where waste products are filtered out and some of our killer cells called lymphocytes kill pathogens.This why we sometimes see swollen glands. NOTE: We have about 600 lymph nodes! Also, lymph nodes can trap cancer cells and slow the spread of cancer.
So, in summary: What are the functions of the lymphatic system?
The Spleen - Why is it so important?
It is the largest lymph organ, it contains macrophages and lymphophytes that assist the body’s immune system. When the lymph fluid does not move the way it should, we get “lymphedema”.
What is Lymphedema?
Lymphedema is swelling of the tissues that we sometimes see in ankles and legs. This backed up lymph fluid is rich in proteins (because when the lymph leaves the cells it takes waste and some proteins with it). If the skin gets ruptured in any way, bacteria can get in and it feeds on those rich proteins so ultimately we get infection in that area.
What is the best way to get the lymph to move?
Buy a "Rebounder!" But buyer beware...Not all Rebounders are created equally. Some of these are too hard and can damage your feet and knees.
What does "Rebounding" do?
Because the lymph vessels run up and down the arms and legs the vertical up and down motion of the rebounder acts as a perfect pump to get the lymph moving. Handicapped folks can even use it. You can sit on it and still have the benefit of the up and down motion. The up and down motion causes the one-way valves to open and close simultaneously increasing the lymph flow as much as 15 times. You can start off with 5 minutes a day and work up to 15.
I invite you to talk to me about other ways to cleanse your body and remove toxins for optimum health. What are you waiting for? Great health is just a step away.