Here are some benefits of Raw Foods:
- Raw foods contain natural hormones and hormone precursors (i.e. bee pollen helps increase the production of HGH (human growth hormone) needed for growth of bones and helps increase longevity.
- Oxygen- we get oxygen from our food and water as well as the air- cancer cannot survive in an oxygenated body (hence hyperbaric oxygen chambers in hospitals and health clinics) Raw foods are mostly water which is hydrogen and oxygen but mostly oxygen by weight
- Eating raw benefits your hormonal system (endocrine)because raw foods contain power phytochemicals such as antioxidants to fight free radicals
- Enzymes- these are needed to digest our food and almost all enzymes are destroyed during cooking. Raw foods however, contain about half the enzymes needed to break food down during digestion.
- Water- cooking dehydrates food - raw food contains the natural moisture of food needed for digestion.